Values, Vision and Aims
The Pomeranian Medical University was founded in 1948. It is a relatively young university with recognition not only nationally, but also internationally. Its excellent reputation is due to its continued development.
The PMU studies offered are medicine, dentistry and nursing. The university has currently a total of 4,450 students, of which about 600 are involved in the English Program of the Faculty of Medicine. Through long-term partnerships with other prestigious European universities, the Pomeranian Medical University takes part in ongoing collaborations with new graduates and lecturers, whose achievements and scientific discoveries have already been published in prestigious professional journals.
Thanks to the validity of the center regarding the European Credit Transfer Systemsr (ECTS), the Medical University of Pomerania ensures the compatibility and recognition of the credits and courses in all European universities, who are partakers of the Bologna process, such as Spanish universities.
The primary advantage of the Pomeranian Medical University is its excellent faculty, composed of international experts to ensure the quality of studies at the highest levels. The students of the Pomeranian Medical University have, as a result, superb career prospects.
Here are the reasons why you may convince yourself of the advantage that means studying at the Pomeranian Medical University:
- A modern library well organized by their students.
- Degrees recognized throughout the European Union, thanks to the Bologna-process and ECTS credits.
- An excellently qualified teaching staff, which ensures high quality of studies.
- Great importance of the practical part, with some studies identified by their great practicality as part of learning.
- Seminars and sessions on preclinical and clinical semester taught in small groups for optimal learning.
- An excellent equipment to be used in the university laboratories and clinics.
- A unique international and intercultural environment. The Pomeranian Medical University is known for being a great community, where students are integrated into an international academic environment, in which Scandinavians, Germans, Canadians and Israelis are the predominant nationalities that you can find here.
Located in the northwest of Poland, Szczecin ensures good transport connections to other Polish and German citie,s as well as an easy access to travel to Spain, thanks to its relative closeness to Berlin.