Library and Information Centre
During its construction, the objective was to create a new advanced hybrid Library and Health Information Centre that would provide both traditional and virtual services. In addition, the university also wanted to transform the traditional library into a learning tool, enabling research and learning processes to be carried out within the building – starting from the search for information to reprography and research work.
The library and information centre are used by:
- University students (aprox. 5,000)
- University teachers (680)
- University Hospital (aprox. 2,000 beds)
- 4 research institutes
- Doctors who attend training courses
- Visitors from medical institutions in Kaunas
- Pharmaceutical companies
The architecture project, designed by the architect G. Janlyte-Bernotienè in 2004, has won a number of awards.